Mapillai samba rice? It’s called bridegroom’s rice! Why is it called like that? In olden days, the bride used to select her groom in a competition where many grooms across India will participate.
|Product Name:||Mappillai Samba|
|GST / Tax:||65.00 (Price Inclusive of all Taxes)|
|Specialty:||No Preservatives, No Genetic Engineering|
|Country of Origin:||Erode, TamilNadu - India|
|Storage Instructions:||Store in a cool & dry place|
|Item Package Quantity:||500gm/ 1 kg / 5 kg|
|Certification:||FSSAI No 12419012000177|
|Caffeine Content:||Caffeine Free|
|Serving Recommendation:||Suitable for Cooking|
|Package Information:||Wrapped in Carton Box with Zero Breakage|
|Scientific Name:||Bridegroom’s Rice|
She judges the groom not by seeing his wealth or likelihood but his strength! The groom was actually instructed to pick up (haha, not pick up but lift) a heavy rock in front of him to prove his power infront of the beautiful lady. The rock is actually called Ilavattu kal. Here is the picture for you?
Wondering how is that connected to mapillai samba rice? If the groom fails to lift the ilavatukal, he will start eating mapillai samba rice daily. What?
This red in colour rice is so much nutritious to lift a heavy rock! Yeah, he has no other way to eat them and lift the rock unless he wishes to stay single for the rest of his whole life! Haha! How beautiful those days were!
They were not so weird like nowadays in which the the groom with his whole family comes to her home, judging her capability of cooking and other house hold works and agreeing (even if she knows nothing) to move on with her with a 100 gold pounds dowry and a car!
I will better jump straight into the topic instead of upsetting all girls reading this:)
There were around 22,292 traditional rice varieties in India alone. But only 100 to 150 varieties of paddy are currently in circulation. The traditional rice variety is the rice that is now back in the limelight. “Mappillai Samba” has the name!
Samba rice was grown extensively in the South Indian states. The rice was grown from August to January particularly referred to as the samba season. Unfortunately, along with the native varieties of traditional rice, Mappilai Samba rice had become forgotten among the youngsters in modern world.
Nature and Taste
It is well suited for organic farming because it is hard in nature and does not need the the utilization of pesticides and fertilizers.
Samba rice have a distinct taste and more of a starchy and corny flavour. It is an acquired taste.The raw samba rice is more hard than many other rice varieties and cooked rice is less fluffy which gives a fast fulfilling flavour.
Apart from reducing out hunger and reducing obesity, it has many more hearty health-giving benefits.
Health Benefits Of Mapillai Samba Rice
- Mappillai Samba rice is a loaded source of carbohydrates. Carbohydrates is a fuel for our central nervous system and provides energy to the muscles. Carbohydrates are the body’s main source of energy.
- The fibre content plays an important role in digestion and prevents gastrointestinal issues like constipation, diarrhoea and gastritis.
- It has wholesome amount of micronutrients which also absorbs other nutrients.
- It is a good source of iron and Zinc and promotes hemoglobin in our body. It also strengthens all the blood vessels in our body. Furthermore,it helps in reducing cholesterol and hyperglycemia level.
- It is an indigenous rice which is rich in magnesium and vitamin B6. Magnesium in our body helps to maintain a steady heart rate, adjust blood glucose levels and supports immune system.
How To Cook Mapillai Samba Rice?
- 1/2 cup of mappillai Samba rice
- 1/4 cup of unhulled black urad dal
- 10 fenugreek seeds.
- Soak the mapillai Samba rice for 4 hours since it is hardy in nature.
- Soak the black urad dal and fenugreek seeds separately for 2 hours.
- Grind them together to make them as a batter. Add some amount of water for a good consistency.
- Wait for it to ferment until 8 hours.
- Prepare a crispy dosa and serve with chutney as your choice.
Our standard cold-pressed oil are purely committed to dedication and your upmost satisfaction. The rice are well harvested and manufactured under great care with no extra polishing and preservatives. We give you 100% natural products.
You must receive for what you pay! Treat them to your loved ones especially elders.
These are 100% worth products. Health is the best give one could give for! So, what’s more to think in this multi nutritious product?
Standard cold-pressed oils are trustworthy and we always wait for satisfactory results.Buy them now by clicking the above link!
Shipping & Delivery Policy
FREE DELIVERY above 1000 for TamilNadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Telangana & AP
- For order value less than Rs. 500, delivery charge is Rs.70
- For order value between Rs. 500 & Rs. 1000, delivery charge is Rs.35
- Free Home Delivery for the order above Rs. 1000
PAN INDIA Delivery - ALL OVER INDIA
Home Delivery Service Available All Over India - Delivery Charges Applicable. For more information, please click here.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
Standard Cold Pressed Oil believes in helping its customers as far as possible, and has therefore a liberal cancellation policy. You can cancel your order at any time, your entire order amount will be refunded, Please send email to [email protected] or call us / WhatsApp us @ 9677 22 7688.
Your refund will be processed within 24-48 hours and your money will be credited back to your account in 3-10 bank days.
We reserve the sole right to cancel your order in the event of the designated address is incorrect or outside the delivery zone offered by us.