Today’s kid are being mad of packaged Snacks! Many packaged snacks for kids are extremely healthy. They are mostly made up of refined flour,added sugar and artificial ingredients.
Snack time is a great opportunity to fill up your baby’s tummy with some extra nutrients.
Today we are going to see a new topic on dry fruits. I have came across mothers not knowing how to add dry fruits in their kids’ diet because they are difficult to chew. Should we neglect dry fruits from their list because they are difficult to chew and your baby would get choke?
Most pediatricians would recommend to add fruits and nuts in your child’s diet after one year.Nuts like peanuts have more chances to develop allergic reactions in your baby’s body if consumed before 8-10 months.
Homemade dry fruit powder is almost a superfood for babies and growing kids.It can replace all preserved milk items and give a burst of nutrition in just a single cup.
1. Dry Fruits Powder
- Since it is a nutritional rich food, it can be a perfect weight gaining food for adults and kids.
- Packed full of nutrition, this powder is very easy to make at home. This is non sticky and has the goodness of almonds, cashews and pistachios.
- You can also add saffron, cinnamon, nutmeg, rose, cardomom for a nice colour and aroma.
2. How To Make Homemade Dry Fruits Powder For Your Kids?
- 100 grams of badam
- 100 g of pistachios
- 100 g of cashews
- 1/2 tsp of saffron strands
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
- Dry roast badams, pistas and cashews.
- In a pan heat the saffron strands till their colour change a little bit and turn off the stove.
- Take everything out on a plate to cool.
- Once they get into room temperature, place them in a mixer jar. Avoid overfilling. Only till it’s half full.
- Now, pulse at regular intervals many times till you get a fine powder.Don’t do till the mixer gets hot. Let it to get cool and pulse again.
- Sieve the dry fruits powder.Take the residual nuts, pulse them again to get a good mixture.
- Store it a airtight container. It stays good until 1 month. Keeping it in the refrigerator is more preferable which prevents it from getting rancid.
- You can add this powder in porridges, smoothies, milk and even sweets you make at home.
3. A Few Things To Noted Before Making Dry Fruits Powder!
- Roast the nuts until they are slightly brown.Don’t burn them!
- Cool the roasted nuts.
- Adding jaggery powder also helps them by not sticking to each other.
- Add them to the mixer jar.
- Don’t over fill the mixer with all the nuts.
- Just fill half of the jar so that they have enough room to cool down with every pulse.
- Pulse the roasted nuts in a mixer and don’t grind! Grinding them will make the nuts leave oil and making the whole powder sticky.
- Pulse as many times with a few seconds break in between as you want until they get a little grinded.
4. Nutritional Value Of Dry Fruits Powder
Cashews In Your Baby’s Body
1. Promotes the development of red blood cells which may further improve the transport of oxygen from the lungs to other vital organs.
2. Boosts Bone Health And Oral Health
Being rich in phosphorus,they improve the bone and teeth development. Phosphorus is also needed to properly synthesize proteins and absorb carbohydrates.
3. Boosts The Immune System
Containing a high amount of zinc, it strengthens the immune system against infections, helps with the healing of wounds and protein synthesis.
Pistachios in Your Baby’s Body
4. Supplies Important Electrolytes
It is a good source of potassium.Most of us have high amounts of sodium lacking potassium in our body which lead to high blood pressure. Having pistachios will decrease the risk of developing high blood pressure.
5. Have Good Amount Of Dietery Fiber
The significant amount of dietry fibre regulates bowel movements and add bulk to your baby’s stool easing defecation.
6. Can Make Your Kids Smarter
With its Vitamin C and Vitamin B6 supply,they help in smoothing the functioning of nervous system and improves nerve impulse transmission.
Almonds In Your Baby’s Body
7. Prevents Diabetes
Badam is a low glycemic index nut and reduces the risk of developing diabetes.Among all the nuts,almonds are the richest in nutrients and a very high source of Vitamin E.
8. Lower Cholesterol Levels.
They are high in fats but unsaturated fats. This type of fats does not increase the bad cholesterol levels called low density lipoprotein.Consumimg almonds is good for the heart.