Nowadays, most people search and eat (fatty) Greasy food that are fried in oil. These foods are addicting and at the same time is not very healthy to consume.
Especially the samosa, pakoda, fritters, KFC chicken, chips, et al are eaten by adults, as well as the children more preferably in the first place. But it can be harmful when you eat too much of these oily foods that are soaked in oil. Let us see, How?
1. What Are The Effects Of Eating Greasy Food?
Excessive intake of fatty foods, especially oil fats, disrupts the functioning of the body’s vital organs and affects the health of the body.
In some people with conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), chronic pancreatitis, or a stomach bug, the high levels of fatty foods may trigger bloating, stomach pain, cramping, and diarrhea.
It may also mess with the gut microbiome. This can link to weight gain and numerous chronic diseases. It also can affect your normal immune responses.
Greasy foods are rich in calories, excess fats, and trans fats, which can lead to unhealthy weight gain and obesity.
It can increase the risk of heart disease and stroke accompanied by elevated blood pressure and cholesterol.
This food also contributes towards acne formation by increasing inflammation and varying gene expression and hormone levels. Check out, some tips to prevent acne.
Eating greasy foods may also raise your risk of type 2 diabetes by gaining body weight and inflammation, as well as elevating your blood sugar levels.
Some studies mention that consuming oily food can harm your learning and memory, as well can also increase your risk of dementia.
How To Minimize Their Impact?
If you eat such foods, you may need to take a few steps to minimize their impact.
Here are some actions, you can take to reduce the impact of consuming such foods. Let us take a look at the Dos and Don’ts of eating oily fried foods here.
2. Things To Do After Consuming Greasy Food
- Drink a cup of warm water to expel all the oil from the body. This prevents dehydration and also helps and prevents constipation.
- Water also acts as a medium to carry nutrients and body’s waste products. It makes the process of digestion much more easier for healthy daily routines.
- You can add a little lemon juice in plain water. It releases all the oil and fat that has been added to the body.
- These detox drinks can also aid to loose body’s weight in a more healthy manner.
- Whenever you have fried oily foods, take a quick walk after drinking a cup of warm water.
- It helps with the processing of fat metabolization.
- This also helps in loosing weight and adds up to body’s fitness.
- To improve your gut health, after consuming foods rich in oil, try to take foods that are rich in probiotics such as curd or yogurt.
- It helps in balancing the digestive health by improving gut flora and immunity.
- If you eat fried oily foods once in a day, try to gulp on more fruits and vegetables every day, regularly without fail.
- Adding nuts and dried fruits are nutritious and also healthy for proper bowel movements.
- Have some refreshing snacks now and then whenever you feel hungry or have those junk food cravings.
- Have a good night’s sleep. It helps in boosting the mood and lighten your stress, thus avoiding some stress eating habits.
Cold pressed oil on the other hand is nutritious and are made naturally. They are rich in vitamin E, C and has anti -inflammatory properties. They boost our immune system and improves brain function. Fried foods made in cold pressed oil might have less impact compared to other refined oils.
3. Things Not To Do After Eating Greasy Food
Donot do the followings after you eat a fatty meal or snack
- Do not eat anything fried in oil and cool drinks or ice cream simultaneously. Because fried foods are normally difficult to digest and consuming cold foods along can make it more difficult.
- Whenever you enter food courts they have all combos and meals with an added ice cream or coke. They not only harm our body themselves but with the combination of fat-filled foods can mess up hugely with our body’s metabolisms.
- After having fried oily foods, it is not advisable to go to sleep immediately. If so, it can cause digestive problems such as stomach upset, abdominal bloating, and flatulence.
- Going to bed immediately after meals can enhance fat deposition.
Bottom Line Message
Having healthy foods is the first step towards healthy life. Eat mindfully and avoid overeating.
Obeying these fundamental pointers after having oily meals is the answer to stay fit and healthy.
You can have a cheat meal once or twice a week to satisfy your cravings. But have a balanced diet and wholesome meal for the rest of the days.
Standard cold press oil are naturally made and are very healthy and beneficial.