Well, before diving in, let’s answer a few questions. Do you like the flavor of mint? Do you like the chilly sensation when you drink water after chewing mint gum? If the answer to both questions is a ‘yes, then you are at the right place. Introducing Nilgiri Gaultheria Oil, the coolest oil that you need for any weather.
Gaultheria Oil is popularly known as ‘Wintergreen Oil’. Though it has ‘winter’ in the name, it’s an oil that can be used all time, any time. The cold, chilly sensation of the oil is what makes Gaultheria stand out from all other essential oils. Teaberry, Partridge Berry, and Checkerberry are few other names by which the plant is known. That is a crazy lot of names for oil, right?
|Product Name:||Gaultheria Oil|
|GST / Tax:||149.00 (Price Inclusive of all Taxes)|
|Specialty:||No Preservatives, No Genetic Engineering|
|Country of Origin:||Erode, TamilNadu - India|
|Storage Instructions:||Store in a cool & dry place|
|Item Package Quantity:||100 Gm|
|Certification:||FSSAI No 12419012000177|
|Package Information:||Wrapped in Carton Box with Zero Breakage|
|Maximum Shelf Life:||6 Months|
The oil is derived from the leaves of the Winterherb plant through a process of steam distillation. It varies from pale yellow to pinkish in its color and has a sweet aroma punch with an earthy undertone. The oil works well with other essential oils like Peppermint, spearmint, thyme, etc.
We have all heard about photosynthesis in our school science books, right? Here is a fun fact that you should know about the plant. Wintergreen photosynthesizes even during the winter months, hence has its green color intact. They are therefore known as “evergreen” plants.
It gets better! Though Gaultheria has a strong minty tone, it does not belong to the mint family of plants. The main component in Gaultheria Oil is “Methyl Salicylate” which is known to have aspirin-like properties. How fascinating!
Some Fun Facts about Gaultheria Plant
Fun facts for a plant? Are you serious? Yes we are, and you are at the right place.
- Did you know that during the American revolution, because there was a scarcity of tea, Wintergreen leaves were used as a substitute?
- Did you know that wintergreen is a prime ingredient of the American-originated drink called “root beer”?
- Did you know that wintergreen oil is also made artificially? Artificial wintergreen oil is 100% methyl salicylate and is used in microscopy because of its refractive index.
Benefits of Nilgiri Gaultheria Oil
Use in Medicine
- Best known for its anesthetic properties, the oil helps numb painful areas and gives a warm sensation. Thus it is effective to ease pain caused by arthritis, rheumatism, muscle pains, etc.
- The oil increases blood circulation, enhances metabolism and digestion.
- Gaultheria oil has detoxifying properties. It prevents toxins from gathering in one spot and helps eliminate their expulsion from the body, thus safely shed body weight.
- The balmy nature of the oil resists blockage of blood flow, which is good to treat poisonous stings or bites, frostbites, etc. However, care should be taken while applying the oil. It must not be applied directly to the open wound or be brought in direct contact with blood.
- Want good, healthy teeth? Gaultheria Oil is there for you. The presence of methyl salicylate in dental products help fight plaque and gingivitis.
Use in Cosmetic Industry
- Conditions like acne, blemishes, skin irritation, dandruff, etc can be controlled by the use of Wintergreen Oil. Therefore it paves its way into formulations for moisturizers, skin, and hair care products.
- It has astringent properties that help tighten and gives the skin a younger and firmer look.
- The oil has properties that help eliminate bacteria. And hence is an important component of deodorants.
- It is also used as a flavoring agent for toothpaste, mouthwashes, etc.
- The oil’s topical benefits make it a favorite ingredient in lotions and creams.
Use in Aromatherapy
- Had a tough day’s work? A few drops of Gaultheria Oil can do the wonders for you. The woody, sweet-strong aroma of the oil uplifts the mood, alleviates energy, and thus energizes the body.
- Gaultheria is a great massage oil for the body and especially for your tired toes.
- The oil can be used as a diffuser. The aroma can help eliminate foul order, negative energy thus destressing the mind and body. It also enhances your sensory tastes.
Use in Other Industries
- Fascinatingly, the oil is used in fine art printing applications. Want to know how? The oil is applied on the source image and is placed face-down on the target image.
- The oil is also a popular ingredient in vegetable-oil based lubricants that are used in firearms. Because these are non-toxic and biodegradable, they are better than petroleum-based products.
General Precautions for Using Gaultheria Oil
All things come with good and bad sides. Now that we know the good parts, let’s take a look at some of the side effects of the oil. Too much of anything is harmful. Agreed?
- The oil can be life-threatening if swallowed. A single teaspoon of methyl salicylate, which is the core ingredient in the oil, is equivalent to 90 baby aspirin tablets.
- You know the drill. Like every essential oil, always mix Gaultheria with another carrier oil and dilute before any application, especially on the skin and body. And always read the instructions on the label before using it.
Who Shouldn’t Use It
- The oil is not recommended for use on children.
- Pregnant women and women who are breastfeeding.
- The oil is not recommended for people who are allergic to aspirin, because of the presence of methyl salicylate.
- The oil has anti-coagulating and blood-thinning properties. So people who are taking such medications should avoid using them.
Where to Buy Nilgiri Gaultheria Oil
Nilgiri Gaultheria Oil is a fresh breath of air packaged in a bottle. We use the best of leaves grown in the right climate, soil, temperature and harvested at the right time to give maximum potency and purity.
After a tough office day, stressful and also polluting environment, all you want is to come back home and feel relaxed. We understand how essential it is to pamper oneself, which is why we have the Nilgiri Gaultheria Oil, specially made for every one of you and at special prices. Check out the product here.
Shipping & Delivery Policy
FREE DELIVERY above 1000 for TamilNadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Telangana & AP
- For order value less than Rs. 500, delivery charge is Rs.70
- For order value between Rs. 500 & Rs. 1000, delivery charge is Rs.35
- Free Home Delivery for the order above Rs. 1000
PAN INDIA Delivery - ALL OVER INDIA
Home Delivery Service Available All Over India - Delivery Charges Applicable. For more information, please click here.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
Standard Cold Pressed Oil believes in helping its customers as far as possible, and has therefore a liberal cancellation policy. You can cancel your order at any time, your entire order amount will be refunded, Please send email to [email protected] or call us / WhatsApp us @ 9677 22 7688.
Your refund will be processed within 24-48 hours and your money will be credited back to your account in 3-10 bank days.
We reserve the sole right to cancel your order in the event of the designated address is incorrect or outside the delivery zone offered by us.