Okay! So let’s start with a fun fact about the Citronella plant. Have you ever heard of plants being cousins? Interesting thought, right? So Citronella and Lemongrass oil are basically cousins. They belong to the same plant genus or family Cymbopogon. Citronella plant has a red or magenta base while Lemongrass has green base stems.
Introducing one of the most versatile essential oils - Nilgiri Citronella Oil. A lemony scented essential oil primarily used as an insect repellant and in aromatherapies. Apart from these, they have a wide variety of uses. Let’s dive in to know more.
|Product Name:||Citronella Oil|
|GST / Tax:||249.00 (Price Inclusive of all Taxes)|
|Specialty:||No Preservatives, No Genetic Engineering|
|Country of Origin:||Erode, TamilNadu - India|
|Storage Instructions:||Store in a cool & dry place|
|Item Package Quantity:||100 Gm|
|Certification:||FSSAI No 12419012000177|
|Package Information:||Wrapped in Carton Box with Zero Breakage|
|Maximum Shelf Life:||6 Months|
What’s more? A lot of times Citronella and Lemongrass are used interchangeably. But they are really different in a lot of ways. The word Citronella is derived from a French word that translates into “lemon balm” owing to its lemony fragrance. The Nilgiri Citronella oil is produced by steam distillation of one or the other grass varieties - Java and Ceylon.
The oil can be pale yellow or even brownish depending on the grass from which it is distilled.
Want to know the best part? Not only is citronella oil beneficial in itself, but when mixed with other essential oils like Tea Tree, Lavender, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Sandalwood, etc, the effectiveness increases 100 fold.
Benefits of Nilgiri Citronella Oil
You are probably wondering why Citronella Oil is known as a versatile oil. And once you get to know them, you will know how to incorporate them into your daily routine. Using Citronella can be life-changing in a lot of ways. Without much ado, let’s find out why.
Use in Medicine
- The detoxifying properties of Citronella Oil help remove toxic substances and cleanse the body. The oil is also a diuretic, which means to stimulate an increase in the amount of water in the body and also the expulsion of salts, acids, etc from the body.
- The antifungal and antibacterial nature of the oil helps eradicate the growth of fungus on lesions. It also arrests the possibility of infections.
- The oil is a good muscle relaxant. It soothes spasms, abdominal pains, and menstrual cramps. So now you know what to do after a strenuous workout session right? Few drops of Nilgiri Citronella Oil is all you need.
- Citronella is also a good sedative and massage oil as it enhances blood circulation in the body. Good for inflammation, tenderness, and joint pains.
- Citronella is an excellent oil to fight depression. The aroma of the oil is very alleviating thus helping in transforming mood and productivity.
Use in Skin and Hair Care
- None of us like sticky, oily hair right? Citronella essential oil is the perfect remedy to control excessive sebum production on the scalp. All you have to do is add a few drops of oil to your regular shampoo and gently massage the scalp. Rinse it off with warm water. And you get oil-free, frizz-free, soft hair, and voila! You are officially hair healthy!
- Citronella Oil is also a good hair mask ingredient. Along with a carrier oil like almond or olive, the mixture of both oils can be applied to hair. Leave it for about 20 minutes and rinse off or shampoo as usual. This mask helps in volumizing your hair. So if you want thick shiny hair, Citronella Oil is your buddy.
- The oil is a good skin moisturizer. Few drops of the oil can be mixed with your regular face or body wash. It helps fight acne and calms the skin that has been affected by conditions like dermatitis, premature aging, eczema, etc.
Use in Aromatherapy
- Who doesn’t like a good, relaxing spa? Well, Citronella is one of the best massaging oils and its moisturizing properties make it ideal for aromatherapy. It helps tighten and brings a radiance to the skin. Amazing right, what a few drops of oil can do!
It doesn’t stop here. Let’s read on!
Use as Insect Repellent
- Say goodbye to all chemical-based mosquito and insect repellents and say hello to natural, organic, and chemical-free Citronella Oil. In a 2011 study, it was discovered that Citronella Oil was the best natural repellent providing up to 3 hours of mosquito protection.
Use in Cosmetic Industry
- Why do you use perfumes and deodorants? To always smell good and feel fresh right? This is where once again Citronella Oil displays its magic. The antibacterial properties of the oil make it an excellent deodorizing agent. Its ability to make the skin look young is another reason why Citronella is indispensable for the cosmetic industry.
Use as a Diffuser
- In case you might be asking yourself what exactly is a diffuser. A diffuser is an object that basically spreads the oil into the air and fills the air with a natural scent. This helps calm the body and relax your mind.
How to Buy the Correct Citronella Oil
None of us ever want to get cheated into buying fake products right? It is the same case with essential oils as well. Below are some tips that will help you pick the best one.
- Do not get confused between Citronella and Lemongrass Oil. Though they look similar, they are very different in their properties and uses.
- Always! Always! Look for the scientific name. You are choosing the right one if the bottle has either a Java or Ceylon type mentioned.
- Citronella Essential Oils will always be packaged in dark-colored bottles, like all essential oils. Do not buy them if they are not packaged in dark bottles because light can damage them.
- Always check the label for 100% purity.
Where to Buy Nilgiri Citronella Oil
Harvested and produced with the utmost care, every bottle of Nilgiri Citronella Oil guarantees 100% purity and the highest quality.
So here’s the deal.
Discover the magic of this organic, natural, chemical-free product at the most desirable price here.
Want to live a healthy and happy life? Switch to Nilgiri Citronella Oil.